SailNet Community - View Single Post - Why buy a brand new $150,000 sailboat?
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2013
First String

ltgoshen is on a distinguished road
Re: Why buy a brand new $150,000 sailboat?

Everything is relative to our own expenses. If I were a rich man I would have the best equipment available. But I am not a rich man so I got the best I could. C&C30 MK1 built in 1981 I had to put an engine in her and a bunch of other work. Mostly time but money too. But I have sailed her 27 times now in 19 months. No one in my marina takes there boat out as much as I do. No one spends as much time with their boats as I do with mine. I am in love with the whole process.
I got her on the cheap at first. But she was not free buy any means. In this process I have learned her’ every nook and cranny. I know the power she has now. I installed the engine myself. I know how hard it is to get the shift linkage set right. I know the stuffing box well. The cutlass bearing was rebuilt. It’s a labor of love. I would never know a new boat as I know this boat. My love affair has a flavor that is real. Not like something you would ever fine “buying new”.
We have had a chance to fall in love. I know her and she knows me. She and I will be together for life.
To each his own "NEW/USED" for me it’s a no brainer...
See ya on the water.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook