SailNet Community - View Single Post - Long Term Live Aboard at St Tomas VI (US)
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2013
Freedom 39

FarCry is on a distinguished road
Re: Long Term Live Aboard at St Tomas VI (US)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQA View Post
Checkout Spirit airlines out of Fort Lauderdale they have some amazing deals. I flew
return for under $100.

I believe you have to register and pay for an anchorage/mooring permit. I met a fairly unpleasant 'jobsworth' who refused to believe that I was a new owner and that the baot was now UK registered. As far as he was concerned I was registered to Chocolate Hole and should be anchored there and not Charlotte Amalie. He gave me 10 minutes to leave.

On anchorage and mooring sites, mooring permits, registration and other like information and regulations contact the Department of Planning and Natural Resources: (340) 774-3320 or (340) 775-6762 for St. Thomas/St. John and (340) 772-1955 for St. Croix.
Spirit and American Airlines all have cheaper flights available if one is will to drive a bit as stated above.

I do not doubt your interaction with the DPNR. Did you ever get your mooring permit? If not, what was the outcome? Did you meet anybody that had one that had been on St Thomas less than a few years? Did you meet anybody that was anchored that had been bothered because they didn't have a permit?

Great choice in boats by the way! (From past ownership of a Bombay Clipper)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook