SailNet Community - View Single Post - Violent attack, Cruisers injured, St Vincent & Grenadines, Union Island
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2013

flyingwelshman will become famous soon enough
Re: Violent attack, Cruisers injured, St Vincent & Grenadines, Union Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by capta View Post
a very real problem to those of us who are out here right now. We need a simple, easy, legal and cheap solution to these attacks.
I was in the anchorage in Admiralty Bay, Bequia the night a boat was attacked and the captain shot. The attack in Tobago is only about 90 miles from where I am anchored right now (and where I am/was? headed next week), and last night's attack is only about 40 miles north, in an anchorage we frequent.
Capta, I have a serious question. As you say you are 'out there', obviously in very close proximity to these violent events.

Honestly speaking, how much do you worry about security? Do you go to bed each night concerned that you might be the next target? Are you traveling with family? How secure do they feel?

What is the consensus among your fellow cruisers in those areas regarding the level of threat?

I am really interested in finding out about the realities of cruising.

Thanks.

The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever. - Jacques Yves Cousteau
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook