Originally Posted by cowboyjaan
Hello sir ..
Yes , defiantly some logistical issues .. The big picture is/was to keep the boat and base out of the Florida area ... I was thinking to have the mast stepped and rigged in Florida as well .. and if I was to keep the boat at the Johnson yard or dockside I was hoping that I could be able to stay aboard to save the motel costs ..
My call to the Johnson yard tomorrow may give me a idea if they even have dock space available and how much $ ?? I am not big daddy Warbucks so I need to consider all the costs . And I totally agree that December is not a idea time to start a trip down unknown to myself waters in a untested sailboat with not sails .
Well, Johnson Brothers or Canal Point is not gonna be cheap, although their winter rates for dockage might not be too bad... I would guess their shoreside facilities like showers and rest rooms are probably closed during the winter, however...
Both Sea Tow, and TowBoat/US operate in this area, so they could likely help with getting her towed... And, while Hinckley is being torn down and dismantled as we speak, I would guess you might be able to leave the boat at one of their docks up until the last minute... Again, however, you run the risk of low water as we move towards the winter, and might have to wait for some strong onshore weather to drive the water levels back up for the tow...
Are you sure the boat would be habitable at this time? When was the last time you were aboard? Speaking with one of the guys on Hinckley's skeleton crew yesterday, he seemed to think there was a pretty serious mold issue now with that boat's interior...