SailNet Community - View Single Post - I need advice ..off shore or Intracoastal NJ to Florida
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2013

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Re: I need advice ..off shore or Intracoastal NJ to Florida

If I lived in Oregon and had a project boat in NJ, I would be trying to figure how to dispose of her, not move her. From the sounds of it, she is in no shape to make a long passage of any kind.

Maybe I missed it, but motoring a sailboat offshore with no rig seems insane to me. The stability of a sailboat with no mast can be very awkward. Worse, it seems you actually have a mast, so what happens to it? It doesn't sound like it is ready to be stepped, let alone rigged. If you were going to lay it across the deck, going offshore is essentially out of bounds, IMO. Very unstable and interferes with movement around the deck.

Sorry for the mess you're in. If you have some attachment to the hulk (though you do have it for sale), just find a cheap yard to haul her out on for the winter and cut your price. Although, how many years will it take for year round yard fees to eat up all your equity. Scrapping, I hate to say it, may be your least expensive option.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook