SailNet Community - View Single Post - Roaches !!!
Thread: Roaches !!!
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2013
snake charmer, cat herder

Location: refitting a formosa in exotic tropical locations....
zeehag is on a distinguished road
Re: Roaches !!!

borax is better and cheaper and easier to find....BUT even that doesntr kill all of em, nor does bug bombing aboat..there ar emany nooks and crannies in joinery, in steel boat weńlds, in fg layups for bugs to hide well and avoid contact with the poison for loooong times. that is why i suggested tenting boat and fuill out poison.
borax and other stuff we use will only keep the bugs at bay, not kill all of em. we were lucky in louisiana that the bugs liked the dock better than the boat..
i spray the dock, my lines, the deck, and coach house roof and all the crevasses and corners where wood joins wood and where wood joins fg...everywhere..keep them out , and spray everything in and outside boat if you see even one. spray sails and covers also. as the critters fly,also spray booms and masts.
cucaroch is a national bird in some places, and a state bird in many states. yes the red alleged water bugs ARE cucaroches....b52s

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

formosa 41, cruising tropics

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook