SailNet Community - View Single Post - World's worst sailor - needs 10 rescues in a month!
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2013
If it's blowin' I'm goin'

TakeFive will become famous soon enough
Re: World's worst sailor - needs 10 rescues in a month!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbrasi View Post
This article looks as though it was lifted from The Onion. I am suspicious of the validity of the whole thing.
The story has also been reported on other UK news sites, though it's possible they're all owned by the same company (not familiar with that).

I doubt it is a total hoax (as in, it never happened), but I wouldn't be surprised if the story was hyped up to pander to the "tabloid crowd." It does have a "Parade Magazine" vibe about it.

It's also possible the kid is doing this intentionally to gain attention for himself. It's purely speculative, but I wonder if his father is on one of the rescue teams, and he and his rescue buddies are going along with it to get some press (and collect some overtime). It would also help explain some of the silly staged "look like a loser" photographs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Formerly posted as "RhythmDoctor"
1998 Catalina 250WK Take Five (at Anchorage Marina, Essington, on the Delaware River)
1991 15' Trophy (Lake Wallenpaupack)
1985 14' Phantom (Lake Wallenpaupack)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook