SailNet Community - View Single Post - I need advice ..off shore or Intracoastal NJ to Florida
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2013

Seaduction is on a distinguished road
Re: I need advice ..off shore or Intracoastal NJ to Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonEisberg View Post
I eyeballed it this morning... A bit difficult to tell exactly, as there's quite a bit of undergrowth around the boat, but based upon my height, I'd guess 5.5 - 6', at most...

If you are thinking of trying to get it out of there by water, I'd suggest you try to act quickly... Once we start getting later into the fall, and the cold fronts start moving through, you'll have to contend with the blow-out low tides commonly seen at the top of Barnegat Bay... At such a time, there's no way you could make it out of there...

Your best bet if you're gonna launch, might be to at least try to get it up to Johnson Brothers up in Bay Head, only about a mile north... you could have it towed up there, then you'd be over the one real trouble spot in terms of channel depth, then you'd be good to go at your convenience...

Even so, trucking it instead to another nearby location might be the way to go, although I'm guessing you'll have to cut off that pilothouse to take it anywhere by truck...
I think Captain Jon has it right: move it a mile or so for the restoration. Why move it all the way to Florida?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook