SailNet Community - View Single Post - World's worst sailor - needs 10 rescues in a month!
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2013
If it's blowin' I'm goin'

TakeFive will become famous soon enough
Re: World's worst sailor - needs 10 rescues in a month!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellosailor View Post
"I don't think we have made stupidity illegal here yet. "
Not per se, but most if not all states provide for 48-hour psych evals, and protective custody in one form or another. And the USCG can and will terminate voyages and seize vessels as "manifestly unsafe".
While we allow drunk drivers to continue drinking and driving with literally 40 suspensions on their license, I suspect that after ten rescues, someone would find a way to restrain the fellow. You'd have to delve into the circumstances and specifics to look at that.
FWIW, he wasn't arrested for bad sailing. They found a black mark in his past in order to get him behind bars. The US would have done the same thing:
Quote:
Freeman was arrested on behalf of Warwickshire Police in connection with allegedly failing to attend a previous court appearance in Leamington Spa to answer charges of assault.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Formerly posted as "RhythmDoctor"
1998 Catalina 250WK Take Five (at Anchorage Marina, Essington, on the Delaware River)
1991 15' Trophy (Lake Wallenpaupack)
1985 14' Phantom (Lake Wallenpaupack)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook