SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interlux Schooner vs. Sikkens Cetol
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2013

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Re: Interlux Schooner vs. Sikkens Cetol

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormBay View Post
I also think bristol finish looks great and it should last a long time if done right, however don't expect it to come off any easer than Cetol if you ever have to refinish. removing-bristol-finish-from-teak-
Yup, stripping brightwork isn't fun. However, I find Bristol Finish will knock down with 60 grit and then finished with 100. If you want to try to remove a coating that is nuclear proof, try to sand Interlux Perfection Plus. Hard as nails. This two part coating is incredibly hard, but is also so toxic when applied, you may not live long enough to need to remove it.

That link tells a story of it failing. Having tons of experience with this, I will attest that any coating failure is always pilot error. I've sworn it wasn't me at times, until I finally figure out what I was doing wrong.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook