SailNet Community - View Single Post - I Think I Found The Right Boat
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2013

azguy is on a distinguished road
Re: I Think I Found The Right Boat

If anyone still cares, lol...here's the update on the "mint" 27 ft Catalina I saw yesterday.

Mint maybe a strong word but It's exceptional. The owner was a boat freak, he had every do-dad from winch covers, to two bilge pumps and just about anything you could order from Catalina direct. Window shades for the inside, I could go on for ever about the $$$ in accessories you hardly see on boats and some stuff he had two of, one stored and one in use.

New diesel engine in 2005, 4 new deep cell batteries, complete bottom job in 2008, all new sails in 2010, new bimini tops in 2011 (there are two so the whole cockpit can be covered), all new lines/sheets, in 2012, everything cushion reupholstered in early 2013 for a grand total of $22k in slips presented in a nicely package in a book. Oh, did I say a custom made traveler above the hatch way and all new self-tailing winches....

The boat is $10,000 firm-

We took the boat out and sailed for three hours and my thoughts, the boat may be to big for me being a newbie and probably single handed sailing 85% of the time.

I need to give this serious thought and this experience may push me back to a Catalina 25, which feels way smaller and more manageable at least for now. I'm scared I could regret it and pine for the extra room and size if I ever find a lady friend, lol...
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook