SailNet Community - View Single Post - Production Boats and the Limits
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2013

ctl411 is on a distinguished road
Re: Production Boats and the Limits

The 37 had a two blade folder not much reverse and walked to port. I thought the 3 blade fixed on the 50 would be better but getting 35000 moving takes time. It also goes to starboard with the lefthand prop.
I'm lucky that my slip is a straight in end slip any crosswind and the bow takes off going out. Coming in is easy, keep the speed up to stay lined up hit the brakes and she walks over to the dock. Going out if there is a crosswind I use a spring line to hold her in place with forward gear. After all other lines are clear I shift to neutral and get some "spring" to help get her moving. Then a big hand full of throttle then back off will get me clear. If the wind is on the bow or aft no problem on the bow I will just walk her out. I haven't officially soloed yet but took a couple friends out and just had them stand by. So I can do it but I have to hustle lol.
I still miss my 37c but the wife and kids love the G50. I'm slowly coming around, needs more sail that's why I knew what the "mule" sail was. Talked to Bob P.and my sailmaker about it and will probably be my
next sail.
Do you miss the quicker more spirited ride of the smaller boat?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook