SailNet Community - View Single Post - World's worst sailor - needs 10 rescues in a month!
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2013

bfloyd4445 is on a distinguished road
Re: World's worst sailor - needs 10 rescues in a month!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUGOSALT View Post
Skill level and experience is no where near theirs... Their familiarity and dedication to the study of bottom types, conditions, contours and geology far exceeds mine!
ha ha ha.....many many years ago when I kinda got a reputation as a good guy to put a boating question to in the local area. One day I took a couple of friends out to teach one of them the basic protocol of skippering a powerboat in the delta and rivers. Well things were going good and I began to become comfortable with the new skippers ability to keep us out of harms way and looked away for a minute to suddently see a duck blind pass us only inches away. Looked at the depth we were in 2.5 feet of water and wump, we hit. No damage done just a mud bottom and we were only going about18knts.
After that incident I was branded Captain Hardaground! I sent these charactors this thread and of course they reminded me of my distinction as Captain Hardaground.

I tell you fame like this will never let you go. the above incident was 35 years ago
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook