Yes, that second picture is old but everything has been put together and adjusted.
What I did was pull what I think is called the balance block out of the back of the boom. I then took a life line off(that's all I had that was stiff enough), connect the line and fed it through the front of the boom, and came out the back. Then I routed it back through the balance block, back into the boom, and fed it all back out through the front. I then put the balance block back into the boom, and tried to pull it back to about where I thought it was. This is probably where it got tangled.
There is an out haul, topping lift(which I will probably get rid of) and the second reef that is also going through the boom... oh and a birds nest