SailNet Community - View Single Post - A mistress?
Thread: A mistress?
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2013

Mr. Chef is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: A mistress?

Wow! A man goes to work, comes home and finds this has been a big topic while gone. Thank you all for weighing in. My wife loves to sail and we are both very excited about this project and what it will provide for our family. We discussed bringing this thing into our lives and without animosity or reservation, decided to move forward with it. She even thanked me today when I got home for getting us a boat. Maybe she read this thread Meanwhile, I have enjoyed the humor and real stories. . I think since we are in a home that is new to us and it needs some work, she was feeling rather anxious. I get into a project and I am like a terrier till I get it done. That has included house projects, but, I am kinda played out on house work, like sheetrock and wiring fixtures, paint, flooring, all the same type stuff the boat needs, but at the moment, I am much more smitten with the sailboat. Did I mention I drive 40 minutes along the coast twice a day, watching people sail on Penobscot Bay, and looking at moored boats in quiet harbors? Observing wind and waves and sunrising in the eastern sky, coming up out of the ocean beyond Vinalhaven ? Yeah, I am itching to get out there. Wife wants to too, but its not with the same drive. Remember the 'who wants to help me grow the wheat, grind the flour, bake the bread", story? She has her own things to focus on and keep her busy and when the time comes, she will plug in in a significant way to help us get this baby in the water.
Thank you all for the laughs and the guidance. Apparently I wasted alot of money in my first marriage on counselors. I could have just posted stuff here. (Sarcasm and smile). Its tough to sum up a situation in a few sentences. I've been around the block already, so I know where the potholes are, mostly. There are no ultimatums being thrown down, just some adjustment time with our new friend.

Last edited by Mr. Chef; 10-07-2013 at 06:03 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook