SailNet Community - View Single Post - Real Cost
Thread: Real Cost
View Single Post
post #7 of Old 10-07-2013 Thread Starter
redrider7202

Re: Real Cost

I've been doing a lot of lurking lately. Anyway, let me clarify a few points brought up. By slow down I mean that in a MPH way... hence the Porsche and the Triumph motorcycle. Unfortunately I've can count the number of times I've been on a sail boat on one hand and have loved it every time. (BTW, anyone in New England need someone to crew?)

By pop over to the Mediterranean, I mean... well... it's pretty and you have the Monaco grand prix (i hope its still there...) so why not sail to go see it? be a cool adventure. And I do plan on being a Liveaboard cruiser. What's the point of living on a sail boat if you don't go anywhere?

I also plan on doing most of the work myself. Generally speaking, if I can't fix it, it can't be fixed... or I'm just lacking some heavy equipment. That skill actually got me my current job. I also have a few friends right now who I could probably con into coming along on trips... or just fixing things. Hell maybe i'll get lucky and find a girl.

I know I have a lot of reading left to do... Heck I don't really know enough yet to really know what it is I don't know. But i'm working on that. I learn fast. Right now looking to see just how much I need to get saved up to make this work. Figure i'd plan on whatever it is now, double it for inflation and add 25%. Cut interest rate in half... Should give me a starting point. Only numbers i've been able to find are "we were able to do this for 1000 a month" so I know you can do things on the cheap, but what about doing it comfortably?

hopefully I can talk my uncle into teaching me to sail. (he has a 41' boat from the the mid 80's that I've been on once... no wind that day though)
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome