SailNet Community - View Single Post - Violent attack, Cruisers injured, St Vincent & Grenadines, Union Island
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2013
Bombay Explorer 44

TQA is on a distinguished road
Re: Violent attack, Cruisers injured, St Vincent & Grenadines, Union Island

Well based on some recent sentences handed out by the courts in St Vincent these 15 year olds will not be sent back to mommy.

Jail time is a virtual certainty and corporal punishment highly likely.

This a message from Tina, who is one brave lady inviting people to a meeting.

Quote:
Tina here, from S/V Rainbow. With this last thursday's attack on Mark and I on Union Island. I have been in contact w/ numerous cruisers, government officals, Rescue 1 and many other mover's and shaker's in the cruising community. This thursday at The Victory Restaurant and Bar in Port Louis Marina @ 4:30 promp till 6:30. Ule, the owner of the Victory R&B is providing nibbles and offering all well rum drinks @ $5EC. I would like to invite all of those interested in creating and implementing procedures for safer anchorages and fine tuning communications between fellow cruisers. There are many resources we can utilize and expand to make our love of our lifestyle safer in the future. This meeting is to resolve issues, not dwell on past. Please come with positive energies and ideas. Look forward to seeing and meeting you all~~ Peace, love and sandy toes.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook