SailNet Community - View Single Post - I Think I Found The Right Boat
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2013
Frozen Member

AlaskaMC is on a distinguished road
Re: I Think I Found The Right Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericb760 View Post
I've watched quite a few surveys and paid for several more. I think that the most important tool I've ever seen used was a rubber mallet to test hull and deck integrity, especially around deck hardware and through-hulls. I've backed out of deals based on these simple results indicating core problems that could not be seen or felt.
Yep this is one of the big ones. We looked at a few boats that we could tell had deck core problems even from simple inspections around deck penetrations and in one case just by walking around on the deck. A better way to find things that can't been seen or felt would be a valuable tool. The boat we found, an M25 makes this really easy to check for as everything is inspect able from the inside which will not be the case on the C27.

I wonder though if the boat has been in Arizona the whole time, in freshwater, could this be like one of those 1960s cars that can be found in the desert in unbelievable condition. That would be very nice. Up here everything is always either wet or frozen.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook