SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Interesting Sailboats

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricKLYC View Post
Thanks Faster, me and my wife/nurse/crew/shrink very much appreciate your empathy!

The bone will heal soon, the ego will probably take some more time.

But the bottom line is: there is much you could do at sea with common sense.. and very little you could do without it .

Best regards,

Eric
Sorry to hear about that accident...I hope you will be back in full form soon.

I am finally at my winter home after having prepared the boat for the winter in Fumicino. Last day of sailing between Ponza and Fumicino was a great sailing day with lots of surfing...but at 11, 12K, far away from the speed you get on the Pogo. Anyway it was great fun and the surfing seemed never end.

Never being surfing for so much time, sometimes close to 1 minute, it was great fun anyway. I was sailing on 20/30K winds under double reefed main and just a bit of genoa.

I now I could go faster but it seems that my wife gets scared more easily than yours so I make a point to make her feeling always safe, otherwise I guess that I would end up sailing alone. Can you believe that I managed never broach the boat in several thousands of nm? Being close, but always able to recover. Of course that means I could go faster but that's the way it is.

Anyway my wife is not scared anymore to go over 10k and that is a big improvement. Maybe she will keep growing in confidence and one day let me explore the boat limits

The guy from the factory that some years ago test sailed the boat for the first time (with a crew) said that they surfed at 18K with 30k wind...and with a spinnaker

Of course I cannot imagine me flying a spinnaker alone with 30k of wind and I take also a lot of load in my boat, including about 500kg of tankage and all the stuff I need to cruise in comfort. I guess that boat should be about 1000kg lighter, not counting the weight of the crew, but that on racing boat works like movable ballast and can be put where it is needed.

Anyway I have no doubt that even if my boat is a stable boat downwind the Pogo will be much stiffer and easy to sail on that sailing point...also more easy than that racing boat on the movie and that is what Pogo's are about: Downwind speed with ease.

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 10-09-2013 at 06:02 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook