SailNet Community - View Single Post - Looking for experienced sailor(s) for trip from Georgia to Maryland
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2013

Missingyou is on a distinguished road
Re: Looking for experienced sailor(s) for trip from Georgia to Maryland

I think too much is made of boat size. I had a Sunfish as a kid and didn't sail for years until this past spring. I spent a week on a 50' Beneteau in the BVI's this spring. I came home, did my 101 and 103 soon after, then bought a new 45'. Yes it's big but I am now sailing it single handed and docking it myself. Yes I've had some tense moments but it's getting better. I'm just saying, it can be done, and yes I probably bit off a big chunk, but unfortunately life is not going to sit around and wait for me. I'm running out of time.

These folks should hire an experienced Captain to get them to their home location, just as I had, fortunately dealer supplied. Hint hint. I would have paid for it though anyway, the experience was invaluable. I now have much greater respect for that kind of experience. I plan to hire someone this spring to help me better understand the finer points of tuning. Money well spent.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
The Following User Says Thank You to Missingyou For This Useful Post:
Seawards (10-13-2013)