SailNet Community - View Single Post - Looking for experienced sailor(s) for trip from Georgia to Maryland
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2013
Mermaid Hunter

SVAuspicious will become famous soon enough
Re: Looking for experienced sailor(s) for trip from Georgia to Maryland

In many ways larger boats are easier than smaller ones. Things generally happen more slowly. Unfortunately when something does go pear-shaped it can be ... unpleasant.

There is a line in the movie "Wind" that comes to mind: the big boats get the glory but the small boats make the sailor.

I treasure my time in 420s in college. I learned a lot that is useful to this day. My time on J/22s and small Catalinas helps me while singlehanding boats to 60 feet.

I've done lots of owner-aboard deliveries that are as much about learning as moving the boat. I love to hear back from customers who have tackled longer and longer passages after sailing with me. I'm proud of those customers, now friends because they don't need my delivery services anymore. It may not be good business *grin* but it makes me feel good.
beware "cut and paste" sailors.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook