SailNet Community - View Single Post - Chartering a sailboat in Sicily!
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Chartering a sailboat in Sicily!

On the last number of vela :

Giornale Della Vela | Scopri il numero di Vela di ottobre in edicola e su iPad Ecco com il nostro Salone con oltre 130 barche appena varate o che scenderanno in acqua nei p

They have an article regarding sailing on the south coast of Sicily. It confirms what I had said, lots of places to stay (in ports or marinas) but few places sheltered for anchoring...and the places are expensive. They talk about having paid 70 euros for a buoy (prices for boats over 10m).

Maybe you can command the magazine...or send me your email on a PM and I will scan the article for you (I arrived yesterday from Rome and bought the magazine to read on the airplane).

For me Sardinia/Corsica easily beats Sicily. It is not by accident that the French call Corsica "the beautiful Island". In Sardinia and Corsica some marinas are also expensive but you gave a lot more nice places to stay safely on anchor (I have cruising all around both Islands).

Regards

Paulo

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 10-09-2013 at 01:58 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook