Join Date: Feb 2007
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
I tried to do the same thing to the transom of a Zodiac MKII.
The glue was outrageously expensive and a foredeck (or even a dock) was/is no place to try to do anything like this.
You need a garage and to be out of the sun/heat. The adhesive was basically like contact cement and after my first seam attempt I realized that sitting on a stool would be far more productive.
And then a couple of days later Island Water World ordered too many dinghies for the Moorings fleet and put 'em on sale. Got an 11' RIB with anchor locker for $2000. On the ride back I knew it'd be a long time before I'd be going back to a soft bottom.