SailNet Community - View Single Post - Hiring Contractors - Are component/part prices typically higher than online?
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2013

Markwesti is on a distinguished road
Re: Hiring Contractors - Are component/part prices typically higher than online?

First you select your contractor. How do you find a good one ? (You tell me and we will both know.) You sound like you have a pretty good idea what the components will cost so if you can get the guy to tell you his hr./rate and tell him to list parts and time separate maybe you'll be ok . Here is something that just happened to me . I had a re canvas job done, got everything up front and on paper. Lots of problems , real long story short in the end I find out the guy was using 2nd. grade canvas . I kind of had a feeling this was going on , the guy told me to be more careful and that I was causing these little imperfections in the canvas . Then the other day a friend and I were talking and he said I by 2nd. grade cause I get it cheap ! Moral of the story? Take your time don't do it all at once, one project at a time . Talk to other people and maybe you could get some good referrals . And that's a big maybe .
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
The Following User Says Thank You to Markwesti For This Useful Post:
jasn (10-09-2013)