SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2013

EricKLYC is on a distinguished road
Re: Interesting Sailboats

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
The boat looks great...except on the interior and that's a pity. Why the hell do you need a settee on the galley on that position? That space could and should be used to improve the galley.

I think these settees are meant for short handed racing, especially the Transquadra where the Sun Fast 3200 made its reputation. On watch you can take a sheltered rest on both tacks, your weight in the right position (centered and on the high side), with a hatch right above your head to keep an eye on the Windex and mainsail, ready to jump into the cockpit for maneuvering.

The Pogo 30, also clearly designed with the Transquadra in mind (no 10.50 ever participated because it didnít fit the inclusion criteria, I think because of the keel), features the same settees on both sides, plus a frontal window in the coachroof for a forward view on the jib/spinnaker.

For cruising purposes the settee next to the galley can be switched for a hinged burner/oven and I suppose Jeanneau will also offer this option on the Sun Fast to improve the galley.

Best regards,

Eric
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook