SailNet Community - View Single Post - Hiring Contractors - Are component/part prices typically higher than online?
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013

sailordave is on a distinguished road
Re: Hiring Contractors - Are component/part prices typically higher than online?

I have a very good relationship w/ my yard. I don't have them do much work but when I do, I don't mind paying the bill.

A little off topic but what really gets my goat is the garage door contractor that charged me for driving to AND from my house based on their shop distance. I wouldn't have a problem if I was the only customer of that trip but they consolidate service calls by area and the guy even told me he was going to another customer a few miles away. WTF? You know they were going to charge that customer to/from also.

And the plumber that did the same. Same plumber also TRIED to charge me for the half hour it took to stock their truck that morning because "we don't know what we might have to do at your house". Excuse me? Keeping stock on your truck is part of the job, not by responsibility to pay for.