SailNet Community - View Single Post - Hiring Contractors - Are component/part prices typically higher than online?
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Re: Hiring Contractors - Are component/part prices typically higher than online?

I just had a major service done on my motorcycle. The shop picked it up and called about 48 hrs later with a complete estimate of what it needed. They called again, while working on it to give me a status report and fill me in on a heavily corroded fuel pump they noticed. No pressure to get a new one, but wanted me to know and were fully prepared with exactly what a new one would cost, if I wanted them to replace it.

I have the bike back already.

By comparison, I put a request for an estimate on equally routine work with my boat yard about a week before I sent the bike in. I still don't have the estimate. I'm telling you, service standards in marine contracting are horrible on comparison to every there industry I deal with.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook