SailNet Community - View Single Post - Hiring Contractors - Are component/part prices typically higher than online?
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Re: Hiring Contractors - Are component/part prices typically higher than online?

Quote:
Originally Posted by svHyLyte View Post
Minnewaska--

I hate to say this but your experience may be regional and symptomatic of the northeast. ......
That may be exactly right. Maybe not the entire northeast, but many parts of it. I suspect Maine has more reliable yards. The Bay and nearby coast has some of the most outstanding sailing anywhere and countless destinations. The marina staff can be very friendly, including ours!! Its just the quality and organization of the tradesman that are awful. Maybe the best of the best are all building custom one-use boats for the next Bermuda race. I may not be too far off on that one.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook