SailNet Community - View Single Post - Pearson thread
Thread: Pearson thread
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2013

bblument is on a distinguished road
Re: Pearson thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailorMitch View Post
Skipper--Tons of Pearsonites used the (now gone) email list here on Sailnet. The "management" made a (bad) business decision to drop all the email lists and force people to this forum, and then they dropped the manufacturer specific forums. They wanted the server used for the email lists for other uses. (Still waiting for someone to pull the plug on Sailnet altogether if the outfit could not afford one new server.) For your Pearson fix I suggest joining the Pearson groups on Yahoo and Google. Those are the places the Pearsonites migrated to from the defunct Sailnet email list.

I owned a p-27 for 14 years, and now own a P-33-2. You're correct that Pearson made good sailing and tough boats.
I know I'm replying to a post that's about 5 years old, but I wanted to ask a bit more about the Yahoo/Google Pearson groups. I was a member of the Yahoo Pearson group, and DID find the folks there very helpful; I learned a lot from them. However, I cancelled my Yahoo account when Yahoo decided that my privacy was theirs to own and disrespect. Don't even ask me about Google. Sadly, without giving my soul to either of those two corporations, I can no longer communicate with those groups.

Does anyone know of any non-yahoo-or-google-based email lists for pearsons? Is there a way to circumvent the requirement of using a Yahoo or Google account for access to the existing groups?

Thanks..

Barry

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza." - Dave Barry
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook