SailNet Community - View Single Post - Almost!
Thread: Almost!
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2013
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Re: Almost!

I'm not at all sure whether or not the attacks on Julie Mor are sexist or not. Maybe they are simply because for whatever reason(s) she gets up certain people's noses. What I am sure of is that a simple thread re the experience of (not) buying a boat has turned into a complete and utter schemozzle.

What does surprise me is that JM has only been looking for six months and the moaners are at work. Six months ? Like DRF we looked for some years before buying our previous old girl and even longer before we bought our current. When it comes to buying a serious boat, while of course there is the possibility of the perfect vessel popping up early on, I'd have thought looking and rejecting for over a year is probably a wise move.

Anywho .... given that this is now a rabble and I am after all, so kind of Fryewe to remind me, a megalomaniac who has been picking on poor widdle James for absolutely no good reason then it's time for this thread to hit the buffers. James does not seem to be interested in explaining himself so we'll leave it there shall we ?

Dearly beloved, we are gathered here in the sight of god knows what to mourn the passing of the good ship Almost. May she slip quietly beneath the waves on her way to a quiet sandy peace.

Amen.

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." Robin Williams.