SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 349

Quote:
Originally Posted by blt2ski View Post
I have seen some pics on facebook, but nothing so far elsewhere. Jeanneau has a new boat coming out, the SO 349. Looks nicer than the 33i that it replaces, not as boxy as the 379, more like the 409 is with IMHO better lines all around. A performance and std rig etc is being speced. BUT< if the performance is anything like the other xx9 series boats from Jeanneau, the Performance options will be nothing more than nicer/easier features from a sailing standpoint from what I can see. IE line control cars, both main and genoa. an extra winch along with larger sheet winches, spin gear std.....tri radial sails, and sometimes a 135 genoa vs a 110.....nothing I would look for, like a deeper lead keel option, taller rig by a meter or two depending upon the length..........

I have also not seen anthing about Jeanneau doing a 2nd interior option. A 2 cabin with a front V berth and rear head would be my preferred interior if I could choose an option.

Marty
I would say even more nicer than the 409 if we take into consideration that it is much more difficult to design a nice looking 34ft than a 40ft.

It looks like Marc Lombard at his best. For what I can tell for the two pictures seems not only a nice hull but also a fast one if we consider main market cruising boats. The interior is also very well designed, with a separated shower and all.

I want to see and know more. Do you have the dimensions?

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook