SailNet Community - View Single Post - Thoughts on new Beneteau Oceanis 40
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2007

sailingguy123 is on a distinguished road
Because I plan on being in the area for 2 months and would like to sail for most of the time I am there, chartering does not make financial sense to me. If I am going to pay that much money, I would rather spend the extra money and have a new boat. I do not plan on doing much sailing at my permanent residence so sailingdog's advice about buying something smaller for home doesn't apply in my case.

Also, the originial plan was to get the boat from the French factory and have it delivered to Turkey. I looked at the Tartans and Sabres and althought they are nice boats, I checked yachtworld.com and couldn't find them being offerend in Turkey. There, the majority of boats are either Beneteaus or Jeanneaus, so if I were to go the used boat route, I would most likely get one of those.

Most of the cruising I will do will be along the coast of turkey, usually withing a day or two of a marina so bluewater capabilities are not an absolute necessity.

For around $175,000 and my intended usage, are there any better new 40 footers that are available overseas to avoid a transatlantic delivery?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook