SailNet Community - View Single Post - Annapolis Sailboat Show Observations & Notes
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013
Chastened

BubbleheadMd will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to BubbleheadMd
Re: Annapolis Sailboat Show Observations & Notes

I liked the Aileron as well. I've also had an appreciation for the Tartan 4300. I'm not such a fan of the T4000, as it carries the beam all the way aft, twin helm stations and all that jazz.

I really liked the Seaward line of boats. They have some clever tricks, seem very well built, and are attainably priced for the "everyman". It seems that I'll have to retract some of my comments about new boats being priced totally out of reality.

The Seaward line of boats has a very traditional, non-sporty look. I doubt they're very fast, but they look like they would have decent upwind performance. The RK26 anchors the chainplates on top of the cabin, with very strong underpinnings inside the cabin. This gives a very tight sheeting angle. Combined with the modern keel, it should sail upwind nicely. Not sure what the SA to DISP ratio is though.

These boats seem tailor-made for the Chesapeake. The keel is a fully retractable bulb, that is electrically powered. You can dial the keel and rudder in at any depth, from 6 inches to 6.6 feet.

The 26 had an enclosed head and shower, and the cockpit was very roomy considering that it was wheel equipped. I think if I bought one, I'd ask for a tiller though.

I bought some boat-bits-

Garhauer vang, cabin lighting LED's, a Clamptite tool, name graphics for the stern, and I scored $380 worth of instruments for $145 at the Weems & Plath tent sale. I'm getting a tiller pilot, but at a better discount than anything the boatshow could provide.
1973 Pearson 30 #255
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook