SailNet Community - View Single Post - Chain plate or impact.
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013

chucklesR is a jewel in the rough chucklesR is a jewel in the rough chucklesR is a jewel in the rough
Re: Chain plate or impact.

Alright folks.
Here are the images I got back.
This is an image taken from the outside.
[IMG][/IMG]
The red is a fixed window, the purple going through it is the chain plate - not yet going through the deck.
The arrows are highlighting areas that show moisture. There is literally no way to tell is there is corrosion or not. The curving line is my jib sheet and the horizontal band is my toe rail (a 2x3 inch teak rail).
Go back to my first post in this thread - the bottom arrow points to the spider crack

The yellow line is a bookcase shelf, the lighter vertical band is a chainplate, the arrows point to water/moisture. Note the moisture is to aft of the plate - gravity would take it that way.
Earlier in the thread there is a photo showing this area - the water damage lines up with the moisture area.

Directly underneath the above photo - surprise, I have two drips (it was raining the day before. This is on the side as in 'wipe with finger' water, not inside.

For all I know all the moisture is inside, not internal. I'll know more once I de-construct the furniture.
That will be a new thread, I'll stick a link to it in this thread.