SailNet Community - View Single Post - Would you rather own a sailboat or a RV?
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013

avenger79 is on a distinguished road
Re: Would you rather own a sailboat or a RV?

by the way as far as niceness, I have gone from a tent through various versions of RV to what I have now. Even my dogs would rather stay in my "camper" rather than the house. I have lived in it for a year and a half while contracting in FL. quite comfortably. pulling the camper with my truck nets a fuel mileage of about 12 MPG.
My sister and Bro in law get 10 from a 35 ft class A RV. They have 2 bedrooms, 4 flat screen TV's and very nice leather furnishings...

you don't buy RV's or trucks for fuel mileage.

Campgrounds are like anything else, choose wisely. If you like to party go to the party places. If you like up scale and snooty those exist. I stay in KOA a lot. they are very nice and comfortable. rules are enforced, no old shabby rolling wrecks allowed. usually campers have to be 10 yrs old or less. (unless custom rebuilt)

I have had Montgomery Gentry pull their tour bus into one of the ones I stayed at. Definitely not a drunk fest there. Mostly drive in and look around. If they won't let you look, leave -- fast-- if they let you, I usually look at the vehicles around. all new trucks pulling newer campers probably not a big party.

There are certainly campgrounds you should avoid but I have seen a couple harbors I wouldn't go in to.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook