SailNet Community - View Single Post - Would you rather own a sailboat or a RV?
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013

avenger79 is on a distinguished road
Re: Would you rather own a sailboat or a RV?

Quote:
Originally Posted by emcentar View Post
As for the RV, I would ask yourself if it really is a much more desirable alternative to car camping. I think this really depends on your proximity to the places you would like to camp and how much time you plan to be out. For me, the threshold would be if I planned to take many extended trips, with multiple stops, where I would be out in all weathers and the convenience of not having to pack and unpack my 'house' and spend multiple days tent-bound in the rain would outweigh the aesthetic pleasures of sleeping outside and the considerably cheaper cost.
that is a very good question/point. The reason we stopped tenting is because the better half got sick and tired of week long trips where it would rain alll week. everything would be soaked, plus no amenities at all in a tent. so we began the scaling up of how we camp. now days it isn't camping at all. I still like to go out in a tent now and than but I have to admit there is somethin to be said for comfort.

I watched a family in FL trying to set up camp in the rain with a tent. I went out and asked them if they'd like to come in until the storm passed. Their son was amazed at the "camping" I was doing. Hanging out having refreshments watching TV and saying "sure looks bad out there"
I don't miss tenting in the rain at all. LOL

BTW emcentar: Is that your boxer? Mine would never get near the boat, let alone lounge like that LOL
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook