SailNet Community - View Single Post - Tea Tree Oil Recipe
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013

Delezynski is on a distinguished road
Re: Tea Tree Oil Recipe

Sabreman,

You got me thinking. So I am doing an experiment just now....

First I bought a small Kanberra Gel to see what it was like. Thanks, I like it.

Next, I decided to try to make something that might work. I bought a package of Knox gelatine (with 4 envelops) and a bottle of Tea Tree oil at a local wally world for under $8.00 total.

I have a few old plastic yogurt cups that hold about 6 Oz.

The Tea Tree oil will not mix with water, but will mix in alcohol. So in a cup I mixed an eye dropper of oil in about an once of rubbing alcohol and set that aside.

I then put about 1.5 Oz. Of room temp water in the plastic cup and slowly sprinkled in 1 envelop of the gelatin in it to wet it out.

I then got about 4 Ox. Of water boiling, and added that to the cup slowly and stirred it well. After a few min I added the oil & alcohol to the cup and stirred it well, then cover the cup with plastic wrap. I set it in the reefer for a few hours to set up.

I then took it out of the reefer (a few days ago) and put it in our garage here in Az. Over the last few days it did NOT turn back to a liquid as it was mixed so concentrated.

First – it smells NOTHING LIKE THE Kanberra! They must put a lot of other “smell good stuff” in it!!!

I took the top off and put it in the boat today. I'll report back in a week or so how it's going. I also have a couple of other ideas on how to do this.

Greg
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Youtube page -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook