SailNet Community - View Single Post - San Diego Schools
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2007

dwedeking is on a distinguished road
San Diego Schools

Does anyone here have experience with Harbor Sail Boats http://www.harborsailboats.com/ in San Diego?

I'm looking to learn how to sale and in doing research in the San Diego area (I live in Carlsbad just north of SD) this is the company that I seemed to connect with the most. What I'm looking to do is spend the next year or so taking the courses from them for the ASA certification and chartering boats from them to get a feel for what type of boat I'm looking for, what size I feel comfortable on, and to find out if it's something the wife would like to do with me as a group activity.

Also over the next year to 18 months I'm thinking that if I go out twice a month I should build up enough experience and knowledge to be able to do weekend jaunts up the coast and out to the channel islands (Catalina) from San Diego. Would like some feed back on whether people from the area think this is a reasonable expectation or too much too soon? I'm really quick on picking up on activities that grab my interest so tend to move faster than others but at the same time I've spent a lot of time near the ocean and respect the power that it has and how quickly things can go bad if you try to push too hard.

Thank you in advance.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook