SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Comet 31 / Sun Odyssey 349

Quote:
Originally Posted by blt2ski View Post
paulo,

For me how I sail, I would go with the comet. BUT, if I have to include SWMBO! then the 349 would probably win out. I feel in a generally speaking manner, the 349 will have a few more bells and whistles about it vs the C31. The C31 will be the better overall performance boat. The 349 meets the needs of the SHE's that want to be spoiled inside. Unfortunately, it appears that the rig was left a big smallish to really do what that hull could probably do performance wise.

Marty
No doubt Marty. If we love that to the women (the ones that are not sailors) they would always chose a main market cruiser over a performance cruiser: They have generally more interior space and have a bit better cruising accommodations and the 349 even managed to have a micro wave on that small boat. Of course wives have normally a lot of influence in what regards choosing a sailboat and I had a lot of work teaching mine about other aspects of sailboats than interior accommodations.

She knows more than most and that is a good thing because she, as most, wives has the power of veto over any sailboat I choose.

The deal is this: I chose the type of sailboat (performance boat of course) and between those she can say the ones she would not want and the ones that she considers having enough cruising amenities (an she is quite good judging that). It is more than fair since we live on the sailboat 3 or 4 months on a year.

For instance she vetoed the Pogo...but she likes the boat excepting the interior and says, well, this one with a nice interior

If she would chose one without my interference I believe she would be undecided between a RM 1260 and a Southerly 42 RST. Not bad choices I would say. Maybe when I am older

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 10-16-2013 at 05:50 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook