SailNet Community - View Single Post - Chain to chain connectors on anchor chain
View Single Post
post #12 of Old 10-16-2013
MarkofSeaLife

Dock
Re: Chain to chain connectors on anchor chain

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeB View Post
ľ inch is acceptable. What do you guys with real practical experience think? As I am about two years from heading South, I figure if I start shopping now, Iíll be able to score a bargain on ground tackle. .
I don't know.
You could try cheating and ask the chandler what they sell most of to that size boat. If you ask enough you might get a good idea.

You are right about having the time to buy when the price is right. When cruising I always have to buy when I need something, not when a sale comes up
If you always have your big list and some available cash and keep the beady eye out I think you could have a real wad of cash being at the right place/time. Maybe sharing a full drum of chain with another boat (etc) could give you a bulk discount?

Mark

Sea Life
Notes on a Circumnavigation:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome