SailNet Community - View Single Post - Thoughts on new Beneteau Oceanis 40
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2007

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
Sailingguy, I know the 40.7 pretty well...we used to race against them..and sometimes in them...there's a lot of them here....

the 40,7 can be single handed, and it depends on your experience, but there are no in mast or boom furlers for that boat..the first .7 series are race boats, hence the main on the floor and the removable seats...if you have no experience don't go there..It can "bite" you...Its a racer/cruiser, fast but not confortable...The genoa whinches are far from the wheel and requires a good auto pilot to help you tack...the boat need constant adjustment on the main traveller, as opposed to other cruising boats, so seating on the wheel side must be done. Inside is smaller than normal and space for storage is minimal...the boat is built sturdier, but lighter, and less "nice" finishings there, too. Tank and engines obviously are also smaller... sometimes too small...Several friends have problems with water incursions, and badly finished fiberglass deck fixings..

If you are coming to Europe, and are going to buy a boat here, why you will get a Beneteau??? Please look at the Dehler, MUCH MUCH MUCH better than any French boat, or have a look at the very pretty Grand Soliel...also very good boats...me, today...stay away from French boats....

If I were in your situation, the dehler would be it....and preferably one with only 2 to 3 years age...

http://www.dehler.com/dehlers.php?id...lers.php?id=38

http://grandsoleil.net

For the other cruising boats I don't know nothing, specially the Benetau as they make more boat models than I can count...

Bellow you can find a 40,7 being beatten by an "unkown boat" by "armchair wannabes"

Last edited by Giulietta; 02-07-2007 at 06:46 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook