SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Interesting Sailboats

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAndersB View Post
Lidköpings Båtsnickeri has bought Najad. They are the company behind Swedestar. They will manufacture in Henån on Orust, close to olda premises, in coorporation with Orust Yacht Service. First boat at Boot, Dusseldorf.

Anders
Yes, the midget saves the giant to go downhill and give it an hand. Is that sensible? or it will end up like the last owner, Northwest, a solid motor boat company that ended up bankrupt too?

I don't see a future in that. For surviving Najad needed a big change, a reformulation of its dimension or a large injections of capital to robotize the production to lower significantly costs. I don't see any of that possible, the labor laws in Sweden are very restrictive and a small company has not the means for a big capital injection.

It will probably be a dream for Swedstar that will end up in nightmare.

Curiously Maxi yachts that was owned by Najad seems to me with a lot better chances now that it is owned by Delphia, now a medium sized company making 150 boats a year.

By the way I always wonder how, a bit more than a decade ago Delphia had managed, without any nautical savoir faire to go right with the Delphia 40 from the beginning, I mean with in what regards building techniques. I know now that the molds had been made by Comet and they had a lot of collaboration and transfer of know how. Comar/Comet is still today the dealer in italy.

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 10-16-2013 at 10:18 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook