SailNet Community - View Single Post - Any pros cons on the Beta Marine engines please?
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2013

MarcGr is on a distinguished road
Re: beta

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhead78 View Post
Erps, hey how are you. I picked up my engine last sat, I have 6 months to commission and then the warranty starts. Where are you located and what size motor do you need. My engine came with mounts, a control panel wired that you plug into a female plug on the engine. It has standard 60 amp alt, secondary fuel filter, built in oil change pump, a TMC60E trans, both trans and throttle have brackets so you can attach your cables to. My 35 hp eng is a 4 cyl, 2800 rpm, all engines below are 3 cyl. You can add extras, for instance, I added a 100 amp alt, high exhaust stainless, a waterproof panel,wf hrs, tach, start, glow and stop buttons, wf idiot lights and buzzers. You can upgrade to "c" panel, has all guages key start, tach, hrs. I opted for the custom mount package, they made the mounts east/west or side to side exactly 20 1/4'' on center. Front to back it not usually an issue with mounts. The dealer even showed me how to make a template with the mounts on, and a piece of 1"y 8' pipe sldes thru front to rear into the stern tube. Sorry so wordy, you can email me if you want.... Red
Redhead,
I am looking to replace my Catalina Universal with a Beta. Can you tell me who you dealt with for your engine?

Thanks
Marc Greenleaf
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook