SailNet Community - View Single Post - Warning warning advertising for paying crew
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2013

scalvo is on a distinguished road
re: Warning warning advertising for paying crew

After reading the whole review Piclarke I have to say that in deed it looks like you had very different expectations.

Reading things like:
- "I am never a victim of these laborious activities and I’m diligently boycotting such exploitation (lying on the foredeck with a good book in my hands)"
- "I do not owe anything to Infinity, and do not have to do anything if I don’t feel like it."

It just makes it clear that you were looking for a holiday cruise and nothing to do with being involved on the boat, participate and learn. I also read Infinity Expeditions website and (whether u like it or not) it says very clearly that you are expected to works and be involved in maintaining the boat. The fact that you pay 30euros/day (or whatever it is) doesn't automatically make you a guest that only works when you feel like it. You agreed to certain conditions when you joined, especially one "the captain has the last word".

I think you are right writing a review saying what you thought but encouraging people not to join just because you had different expectations, seems a bit unfair in my opinion.