SailNet Community - View Single Post - do you carry an acoustic Guitar?
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2013

skygazer is on a distinguished road
Re: do you carry an acoustic Guitar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobperry View Post
Thanks Sky. I'd love to see that Merle autographed guitar some day. Better schedule a trip to the beach shack soon. We can pick and grin.
I'd love to visit, but the whole east coast west coast thing is too far for me to casually drop in. I'll definitely bring the Merle guitar if I do.

I agree with the cannon idea, good sound can be felt (in your center) as well as listened to. I suppose the sound waves actually press against your "stomach". I judge guitars by how the sound feels to me. After all, music is really about feeling when you come right down to it. That's one reason good singers are a pleasure, their voice control comes from their center, where deep feelings are felt, thus they can touch our centers.

I bought a so called "Martin travel guitar" when they first came out, but felt like I might as well put strings on a 2x4. Got rid of that real quick.

While writing this my wife told me I need to make a "winter to do" list to get ready for winter. She actually ordered me to put "hunting" on the list, said she needed a deer for the freezer. Hard to please!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook