SailNet Community - View Single Post - Hiring Contractors - Are component/part prices typically higher than online?
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2013

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Re: Hiring Contractors - Are component/part prices typically higher than online?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellosailor View Post
"I get billed the same hourly rate for both."
Sounds like the two of them went out for a few beers and quite literally formed an illegal price fixing conspiracy.
Usually, whether it is doctors, plumbers, or painters, the guys who have more experience and a wider reputation charge more per hour, and the new guys charge less. Partly to attract business and partly because they know they're just not as good at it. Yet.
They both work for the marina where I keep my boat. It just occurred to me that there is no way these two guys are paid the same by the marina, but they only bill us captives one standard rate.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook