SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Interesting Sailboats

Quote:
Originally Posted by donjuanluis View Post
I have to quote myself because as I said being not qualified to talk I can be wrong very easy. The builder I wanted to say was Our Yachts / K&M Yachtbuilders. who makes custom modifications to better fit your purpose. I'm talking about Bestevaer, Stadship, Axonite, all of them in aluminium. All of them way out of my reach ever....
Yes, that makes a lot more sense

One of them (Bestewind 50) was nominated recently for boat of the year on the luxury class (did not won). Here you can see it being tested.

But you are right regarding prices. The Dutch aluminium centerboarders for the same size are considerable more expensive than the French ones, I don't know why but that is true even in what regards other boats. Maybe because the production is much smaller...anyway I don't think Cornell is a very rich guy so it makes sense that him, like most of us had looked for the achievable dream and a boat he could pay. The Bestewind is a lovely boat but it costs about 1 million dollars.

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 10-17-2013 at 08:50 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook