SailNet Community - View Single Post - Raymarine ST 60 Questions
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2013

BarryL is on a distinguished road
Raymarine ST 60 Questions

Hello,

I am going to have a bunch of questions on my new to be boat. This one involves electronics - specifically the ST 60 tridata and wind instrument. As I previously posted, the ST 60 wind half works - the wind speed is OK but the wind direction just spins.

I received the wiring test and performed it - all voltages were normal. This test was performed at the junction box where the wires exited the mast. I want to repeat the test at the instrument itself but I can't seem to remove the instrument. It's mounted on a bulkhead next to the companionway. I can see the two thumb screws from inside, but when I remove them the instrument does not budge. Do I need to pull harder or am I missing something?

Next question: I don't believe my instruments are networked. If I try to display apparent wind I get ---. Is networking the ST 60 Speed and Wind as simply as plugging in a Seatalk cable?

Last question: the boat has a Garmin 740S plotter - which is fairly new and supports NMEA2000. Can I buy a Seatalk to NMEA2000 cable and connect all four instruments (wind, speed through water, depth, and plotter)?

Thanks,
Barry

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook