SailNet Community - View Single Post - do you carry an acoustic Guitar?
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2013
grumpy old man

bobperry will become famous soon enough
Re: do you carry an acoustic Guitar?

Sky:
Batman, Adam West, aka Bruce Anderson, is my mother in law's cousin, from Walla Walla Wa. So, you could say we are related. I'm not making this up.

I'm just another old grey haired guy.

I've never counted my frets. I just pick up the axe and play. I'm so non techy that I have to look inside my Martins to remind myself what models they are. I know I have a big one and small one. I'm really a bass player, but I don't get much enjoyment sitting around the shack playing the bass by myself. I keep the Gibson JS200 in the living room and the rest of my collection in the office. I have a couple of Strats and a beautiful custom, semi hollow PRS, signed on the back of the head stock to me from Paul himself. It was a gift. But I seldom plug in. The Strats are both Eric Clapton models and my son Max has decided that one of them is his. And, that's exactly why I bought two. I enjoy playing lead but these days I'd probably use the JS200. It has piezzos in it and I just like the way it feels. I don't use no stinkin' pedals. I mostly like to play C&W and I'm a real Gram Parsons fan.

Here is a pic of me shredding (at least I thought I was shredding) on my '62 reissue Jazz Bass I bought 30 years ago. It's a sweetie pie. My honey. I look at a lot of new basses but I don't want to offend my Jazz Bass it by setting it aside. I have a nice Warwick fretless too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bobonbass2.jpg (31.5 KB, 7 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Bob's Blog ....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by bobperry; 10-18-2013 at 01:24 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook