SailNet Community - View Single Post - Cruising yachts behaving if they're doing us a favour
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2013

piclarke is on a distinguished road
Re: Cruising yachts behaving if they're doing us a favour

Quote:
Originally Posted by killarney_sailor View Post
Damn, you are a tough captain and greedy SOB. Our crew only have to pay $45 a day and do the heads once a day.
Here is a quote from the one of the web masters at Cruiser L.

His spin on the issue.

I might ad when he sees what he thinks is over charging he tells them to go to a commercial sight and pay the advertisement charge to get crew.

"Crew can legitimately be requested to pay much of their own expenses when it comes to food, alcohol and entertainment....expenses which would not be incurred by the vessel's owner if the crew were not on board. However the owner/skipper still needs to make some concessions, as without the crew many vessels simply could not move for more than a day at a time. Owners should pay for normal running expenses and still buy the crew a good feed after a passage.

I am not abnormally vain, but I like to think that when crew leaves me behind, they take with them positive memories about the trip, the boat and me.

'User pays' is a fact of life for banks, insurance companies, communications and airlines conglomerates...but as cruisers we still inhabit a world of sharing experiences, caring and courtesy.

I see nothing wrong with trying to make money from sailing if that is what takes your fancy; but be honest about it, get certified, surveyed, compete with legitimate charter boats, and pay for your marketing."

"David."
[/B]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.